A Day in the Life of ZSL London Zoo
Go behind the scenes with the commercial teams at one of London's best loved visitor attractions, with time to explore the zoo and visit the shop. You’ll hear about all aspects of commercial activities at the zoo, with plenty of learnings and insights applicable to all kinds of cultural venues and budgets. If you're looking to make the most of your income generating opportunities, this day is for you.
Who is it for?
Anyone involved in commercial income generation at any level - retail, ecommerce, visitor experience, front of house, catering, events and venue hire.
What will I learn about?
- Plastic: #OneLess Campaign - a rapidly growing movement collaboratively striving to reduce the amount of single-use plastic water bottles entering the ocean from London
- Data-Driven Insight and Online Trading - understanding visitors and reaching audiences in new and innovative ways, including the launch of the online shop and ongoing work on tiered ticketing
- Day Visitor Catering and Venue Hire - with a particular focus on sustainability, events and hospitality
- Overnight Accommodation and Animal Experiences – creating amazing and unforgettable experiences alongside all the fun and challenges of an ever-changing living collection
- Retail, Buying and Merchandising – how product ideas are brought to life, from research and development to ensuring they make a financial contribution to ZSL’s mission
- Out of Hours Events – successes and challenges of capitalising on a great opportunity to inspire, inform and empower visitors
The day also includes a talk at the Gorilla Kingdom Exhibit, where you'll learn about the six Western Lowland Gorillas and watch them enjoying their lunch!
Download the full programme here.
Associate Member: £120
Full Member: £100
Don't miss out! This event is eligible for member multi-buy, reducing the Full Member rate to £80.
Special Delegate Offer
ZSL is offering delegates a 25% discount on an overnight stay at one of their exclusive onsite Lodges. Experience an overnight stay within roaring distance of the lions, including three after-hours Zoo tours, dinner and breakfast, at the discounted rate of £265 for single occupancy and £315 for double. Offer applies to the night of 4 September only. Please contact email@example.com to book.
London, NW1 4RY