Now in its third year, Museum Shop Sunday is all about raising the profile of cultural retail. It’s a great way for consumers to enjoy a relaxing shopping experience and find unique gifts for everyone on their Christmas list, whilst supporting their favourite cultural venue.
This year’s event will take place on Sunday 1 December 2019. A full marketing toolkit including event ideas, logos and web assets will be available here soon.
Participation in Museum Shop Sunday is open to all non-profit cultural venues including museums, galleries, historic houses, cathedrals, libraries, theatres, zoos and gardens. Here a few great reasons to take part:
- Join over 1,000 cultural venues worldwide putting on special events and promotions to celebrate cultural retail
- Showcase your product ranges to a new audience
- Increase footfall, sales and visitor numbers
- Receive regional and national press coverage
- Increase social media engagement.
We don’t usually open on a Sunday – but in just three hours we beat our best day’s sales so far this year! The event provided a unique focus and raised the profile of the museum with many local visitors saying they’d return.Nikki Brotherton, Bridport Museum Trust