This FREE micro-course introduces you to the concepts behind coaching and mentoring.
We believe that self-directed learning has power, because you take control of your development, and your future.
Who is it for?
Anyone, at any stage of their career in an organisation or self-employed, who wants to develop their capability.
This training covers material which both coaches/mentors and coachees/mentees will have in common, and specific content for each.
What will I learn?
Coaching/mentoring helps you to:
- Identify solutions and actions.
- Set appropriate goals and assess progress.
- Commit to action and develop lasting personal change and growth.
- Continually improve your abilities and develop new skills.
Learn any time, anywhere
The course is available on-demand, and can be accessed 24/7 via a computer, tablet, or mobile phone through a web browser. All video content is subtitled / captioned.
Evidence of CPD
On successful completion of the course, you’ll receive a digital certificate as proof of your skill level, and commitment to continuing professional development.
- For everyone
- The similarities of coaching and mentoring
- Some of the differences between the two
- For coachees / mentees:
- Choosing which is right for you
- Making the most of the opportunity
- For coaches / mentors:
- How to have good coaching conversations
- The GROW model
- Mentoring do’s and dont’s
On average, this course takes around 50 minutes – 1 hour to complete initially.
Coaching is always right for you, but it’s not going to be easy. Self-directed learning is very powerful.Gabriela Gandolfini
About the instructor
Gabriela Gandolfini is a freelance Coach for Performance (CfPAC). Gabriela was previously Head of Audience Experience and Deputy Director for Visitor Experience at the National Theatre, and Centre Manager for the Barbican Centre. Gabriela is also a family and lifestyle blogger.