This course will set you on the right path to start hiring out your location to commercial crews by giving you a toolkit of resources that will enable you to set up and operate your location hire business.
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone working in events hire or events management looking to hire out their venue for filming or photography for commercial purposes.
What will I learn?
- Why might a production choose my venue for filming?
- What is ‘commercial’ filming and photography?
- How to create a rate card
- How to protect your venue and brand
- How to work with location agencies, filming advisory organisations and peers
- Conducting a successful site visit
- How to complete a technical recce
- Filming Fundamentals
- Money Matters
- Protecting your Venue and Brand
- Advertising and Networking
- Operational Logistics
How do I access this course?
- This course is FREE for Members. Make sure you’re logged in, hit the enrol button below and follow the booking form. If you don’t have the option to enrol for free, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check you’re linked to your organisation’s membership
- Non-Members can purchase the course below
Once booking is complete you will receive an email giving you access to the course.
The CPD Certification Service is the leading independent Continuing Professional Development accreditation institution. Accredited courses are formal recognition of CPD for individuals, and a standard of quality for learning providers in professional institutes and academic bodies.
About the course creator
This course has been written by Jennifer Leatherby. Jennifer developed the commercial filming offer at Imperial War Museums 7 years ago, and managed filming across the 3 London sites, IWM London, Churchill War Rooms and HMS Belfast for 6 years; all very different sites with their own operational challenges.
Now, as the Business Development Manager for all 5 branches of IWM, for the Commercial Events Experiences and Catering department, she manages how they continue to grow and develop their commercial filming offer.
The course is presented by actor and voiceover artist Adam Donaldson.
Not only will you benefit from the commercial filming fees, but there is also the secondary benefit of huge PR exposure for your location, the impact of which can sometimes be seen for years after the release of the pictureJennifer Leatherby
On average, this course takes around 2.5hrs to complete initially. You’ll be provided with a learning diary to put your learning into practice.
Learn any time, anywhere
The course is available on-demand, and can be accessed 24/7 via a computer, tablet, or mobile phone through a web browser. All video content is subtitled / captioned.
Evidence of CPD
On successful completion of the course, you’ll receive a digital certificate as proof of your skill level, and commitment to continuing professional development.