This course will provide you with the tools to generate revenue through building your own ticketed events & live experiences programme, or to continue developing an existing one. Even if your objective isn’t commercial, we will guide you through planning and monitoring costs effectively, so you can grow your programme into an established part of your organisation’s public activity.
Who is it for?
Anyone who works in events, or anyone who wants to create an events and live experiences programme for their organisation, either as an additional income stream, or for non-commercial purposes.
What will I learn?
- Why set up a ticketed events programme, and where to start
- How to gain buy in across the organisation
- The pros and cons of external partnerships
- Writing operations plans and risk assessments
- Budgets, forecasting, KPIs and reports
- How to repeat success
- How to review and build up feedback
How do I access this course?
Get all Academy courses for free with Full Membership PLUS
- Full Member PLUS organisations – FREE. Make sure you’re logged in, hit the enrol button below and follow the booking form. If you don’t have the option to enrol for free, please contact us to check you’re linked to your membership email@example.com
- Members and Non-Members can purchase the course below
Once booking is complete you will receive an email giving you access to the course.
- Full Member PLUS organisations – FREE. Login here to access all academy courses. Activate your Access All Areas Pass if you haven’t already.
- Members, Non-Members and Partners / NPOs can purchase the course below.
The CPD Certification Service is the leading independent Continuing Professional Development accreditation institution. Accredited courses are formal recognition of CPD for individuals, and a standard of quality for learning providers in professional institutes and academic bodies.
- Laying the Foundations
- Opportunities and Growth
On average, this course takes around 2.5hrs to complete initially. You’ll be provided with a learning diary to put your learning into practice.
About the course creator
Lucy Woodbridge started her career in Museums at the RAF Museum in 2013. During her time there she set up and ran a diverse programme of ticketed events for visitors before joining the Natural History Museum in 2016 as the Head of Visitor Events. Here, she oversaw a programme of events including the famous Dino Snores sleepover and the annual New Year’s Eve party. In 2019 she joined the Imperial War Museums as the Head of Commercial Events, Experiences and Catering. Lucy’s role covers all 5 branches and she is responsible for ticketed events, venue hire, large scale air shows, catering and commercial filming.
This course is presented by actress and voice over artist Christina Berriman Dawson.
By providing exclusive access to your collection that is charged for, you can create one off and completely unique experiences for your visitorsLucy Woodbridge
Learn any time, anywhere
The course is available on-demand, and can be accessed 24/7 via a computer, tablet, or mobile phone through a web browser. All video content is subtitled / captioned.
Evidence of CPD
On successful completion of the course, you’ll receive a digital certificate as proof of your skill level, and commitment to continuing professional development.