This course will show you how to go about creating successful PR campaigns that will promote your shop and products to a wider audience and drive sales.
Who is it for?
- Buyers and merchandisers
- Marketing and communications professionals
- Commercial managers and directors
What will I learn?
This course is all about successful PR for retail, both in-store and online. You will learn the key skills needed to create your own PR campaigns that will promote your shop and products to a wider audience and drive sales.
- What to look for in a PR agency
- A day in the life of a PR agency
- An introduction to strategic planning
- How PR can fit into your company’s wider marketing activity
- How to find your USP
- How to write for PR, including press releases, press alerts, lookbooks and Q&As
- Who and where to send your stories to
- The importance of press ready images
- Working with media and influencers
- Retail PR 101
- PR in a Digital Age
- Writing for PR
- Media Outreach
How do I access this course?
- This course is FREE for Members. Make sure you’re logged in, hit the enrol button below and follow the booking form. If you don’t have the option to enrol for free, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check you’re linked to your organisation’s membership
- Non-Members can purchase the course below
Once booking is complete you will receive an email giving you access to the course.
The CPD Certification Service is the leading independent Continuing Professional Development accreditation institution. Accredited courses are formal recognition of CPD for individuals, and a standard of quality for learning providers in professional institutes and academic bodies.
About the course creator
This course has been compiled by Hilary Frohlich and Nicole Rose from Neat PR.
Neat PR is a retail PR specialist agency, with an expertise in cultural organisations.
Set up by Hilary, an ex-journalist, Neat PR prides itself on a simple and personal approach to communications that delivers outstanding results. Hilary’s background in the media brings an in-depth understanding of exactly what journalists want. Here she tells you all about ‘how to PR’ your retail destination.
It’s time to change perceptions, you know how good your products are and now it’s time to let everyone else know!Hilary Frohlich
On average, this course takes around 2.5hrs to complete initially. You’ll be provided with a learning diary to put your learning into practice.
Learn any time, anywhere
The course is available on-demand, and can be accessed 24/7 via a computer, tablet, or mobile phone through a web browser. All video content is subtitled / captioned.
Evidence of CPD
On successful completion of the course, you’ll receive a digital certificate as proof of your skill level, and commitment to continuing professional development.