This course will help you understand the whole of the buying and planning cycle. Experienced retail consultant Perry Bushell will take you through the key stages that make up the planning cycle – product strategy, research and range planning, sourcing and designing product, supplier selection and product launch.
Who is it for?
Buyers, merchandisers, retail managers, or people aspiring to one of these roles.
What will I learn?
- How to create a buying plan
- How to develop a strong and profitable product range
- How to evaluate performance
How do I access this course?
- Full Member PLUS organisations – FREE. Login here to access all academy courses. Activate your Access All Areas Pass if you haven’t already.
- Members, Non-Members and Partners / NPOs can purchase the course below
Get all Academy courses for free with Full Membership PLUS
The CPD Certification Service is the leading independent Continuing Professional Development accreditation institution. Accredited courses are formal recognition of CPD for individuals, and a standard of quality for learning providers in professional institutes and academic bodies.
- Buying in the retail context
- Buying strategies
- Ranges, categories and budgets
- Selecting products and working with suppliers
- Bespoke vs bought in
- Pricing, ordering and launch
On average, this course takes around 2.5hrs to complete initially.
You’ll be provided with a learning diary to put your learning into practice, and invited to reflect on what you’ve learnt in a short questionnaire after six weeks.
About the instructor
Perry Bushell is a consultant to the heritage sector. He was previously Head of Retail and Catering at the National Portrait Gallery, and Head of Central Operations for Waterstones.
You want a combination of creativity and flair, with a scientific and fact-based analysis. The good thing is that these can be learned.Perry Bushell
Learn any time, anywhere
The course is available on-demand, and can be accessed 24/7 via a computer, tablet, or mobile phone through a web browser. All video content is subtitled / captioned.
Evidence of CPD
On successful completion of the course, you’ll receive a digital certificate as proof of your skill level, and commitment to continuing professional development.