This course will give you the tools, techniques and knowledge you need to both effectively run the financial side of your business, and be able to evaluate its current and potential future performance.
Who is it for?
Retails Managers or anyone aspiring to work in this field.
What will I learn?
- How to calculate percentages
- How to run an effective purchase budget
- The differences between gross and net profit, and margin and mark-up
- How to read a profit and loss account
- How to plan open to buy budgets
How do I access this course?
- Full Member PLUS organisations – FREE. Login here to access all academy courses. Activate your Access All Areas Pass if you haven’t already.
- Members, Non-Members and Partners / NPOs can purchase the course below
Get all Academy courses for free with Full Membership PLUS
The CPD Certification Service is the leading independent Continuing Professional Development accreditation institution. Accredited courses are formal recognition of CPD for individuals, and a standard of quality for learning providers in professional institutes and academic bodies.
- Percentages / Percentage Calculations
- Sales Tax
- Gross Profit / Margin
- Increasing Gross Profit
- Reading a Profit and Loss
- Stock turn
- Purchasing budgets
- Open to buy
On average, this course takes around 2.5hrs to complete initially.
You’ll be provided with a learning diary to put your learning into practice, and invited to reflect on what you’ve learnt in a short questionnaire after six weeks.
About the instructor
Perry Bushell is a consultant to the heritage sector. He was previously Head of Retail and Catering at the National Portrait Gallery, and Head of Central Operations for Waterstones.
In matters of retail finance you are either in control, or things are out of control. There is no middle ground. Where would you rather be? At the end of this course you will be firmly in the driving seat.Perry Bushell
Learn any time, anywhere
The course is available on-demand, and can be accessed 24/7 via a computer, tablet, or mobile phone through a web browser. All video content is subtitled / captioned.
Evidence of CPD
On successful completion of the course, you’ll receive a digital certificate as proof of your skill level, and commitment to continuing professional development.