This course will explore the importance of understanding your customer in order to turn browsers into buyers.
Retail consultant Perry Bushell walks you through the key stages of the visitor experience, looking at the core customer types and what influences their purchasing decisions.
Who is it for?
Shop floor staff and volunteers, supervisors and managers.
What will I learn?
- How to know your customer and use that knowledge
- The customer journey and how to sell at every stage
- How to raise both revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Understanding your customer, and customer profiles
- Conversion rate
- Approach, windows, threshold, orientation, browsing and conversion
- Understanding and increasing Average Transaction Values
- Service and selling
- Fundamentals of Visual Merchandising
How do I access this course?
Get all Academy courses for free with Full Membership PLUS
- Full Member PLUS organisations – FREE. Make sure you’re logged in, hit the enrol button below and follow the booking form. If you don’t have the option to enrol for free, please contact us to check you’re linked to your membership email@example.com
- Members and Non-Members can purchase the course below
Once booking is complete you will receive an email giving you access to the course.
The CPD Certification Service is the leading independent Continuing Professional Development accreditation institution. Accredited courses are formal recognition of CPD for individuals, and a standard of quality for learning providers in professional institutes and academic bodies.
About the instructor
Perry Bushell is a consultant to the heritage sector. He was previously Head of Retail and Catering at the National Portrait Gallery, and Head of Central Operations for Waterstones.
You want to make your shop the best it can possibly be. In this introductory course we are going to help you do just that.Perry Bushell
On average, this course takes around 1.5hrs to complete initially. You’ll be provided with a learning diary to put your learning into practice, and invited to reflect on what you’ve learnt in a short questionnaire after six weeks.
Learn any time, anywhere
The course is available on-demand, and can be accessed 24/7 via a computer, tablet, or mobile phone through a web browser. The course is led by an instructor, who appears in a series of recorded videos. All video content is subtitled / captioned. The course is illustrated with slides and resources, which you can download. You’ll be guided through the course step by step, and then at the end there’ll be a short test of your learning.
Evidence of CPD
On successful completion of the course, you’ll receive a digital certificate as proof of your skill level, and commitment to continuing professional development. This can be printed off, and/or posted automatically to your LinkedIn profile.