Latest Government Advice
- New National Restrictions from 5 Nov 2020 – information on the new national restrictions, including what they mean for business closures and why they are being introduced
- Latest economic support including the Job Retention Scheme (extended to March 2021)
- NHS Test and Trace – the NHS QR code poster must be displayed from 24 Sep 2020
- Working Safely During Coronavirus – guidance for shops
- Working Safely During Coronavirus – guidance for indoor and outdoor attractions, business events and consumer shows
Reopening and Social Distancing Guidelines
- We’re Good to Go industry standard from VisitBritain
- National Museum Directors’ Council Reopening Guidelines including the mandatory use of face coverings in shops
- British Retail Consortium guidelines for social distancing in retail stores and warehouse and distribution settings plus FAQs
- Reopening Guidance for the Attractions Industry from IAAPA
- Guidance for Events from the Meeting Industry Association
- Free legal guidance from Bates Wells on issues arising for many charities in the areas of employment, contracts, solvency, governance, Charity Commission regulation and the flexible furlough scheme including a series of downloadable guides.
Reports and Analysis
- Impact of Covid-19 on Scottish Visitor Attractions and Attractions Survey (ASVA/Moffat Centre, Oct 2020)
- The Association for Cultural Enterprises together with Fare Consulting has published a report on the impact of Covid-19 on catering within the cultural sector. Read the full report and download the Post Covid-19 Mobilisation Plan.
- ALVA commissioned visitor research into what people feel about going back to attractions; what would reassure them, what would deter them, what do attractions need to do and how we can learn lessons from attractions that have already opened here in the UK and around the world.