Reopening and Social Distancing Guidelines
- We’re Good to Go industry standard from VisitBritain
- National Museum Directors’ Council Reopening Guidelines including the mandatory use of face coverings in shops
- British Retail Consortium guidelines for social distancing in retail stores and warehouse and distribution settings plus FAQs
- Reopening Guidance for the Attractions Industry from IAAPA
- Guidance for Events from the Meeting Industry Association
Latest Government Advice
- Working Safely During Coronavirus – guidance for indoor and outdoor attractions, business events and consumer shows.
- Working Safely During Coronavirus – guidance for shops
- Covid-19 Recovery Strategy published 11 May 2020
International Learnings and Recommendations
- Return to Work Safely Protocol from the Government of Ireland
- A list of recommended measures to prepare for reopening from the Association of Brandenburg Museums, Germany
- The Network of European Museum Organisations (NEMO) has published a report on how Covid-19 has impacted the museum sector, as well as an interactive map detailing plans for re-opening across Europe.
- Free legal guidance from Bates Wells on issues arising for many charities in the areas of employment, contracts, solvency, governance, Charity Commission regulation and the flexible furlough scheme including a series of downloadable guides.
Reports and Analysis
- The Association for Cultural Enterprises together with Fare Consulting has published a report on the impact of Covid-19 on catering within the cultural sector. Read the full report and download the Post Covid-19 Mobilisation Plan.
- ALVA commissioned visitor research into what people feel about going back to attractions; what would reassure them, what would deter them, what do attractions need to do and how we can learn lessons from attractions that have already opened here in the UK and around the world.