Mental Health Skills for Managers is a practical and immersive half day course for people managers, giving you the skills, knowledge and confidence to have effective face-to-face or remote conversations with staff about mental health and wellbeing.
Delivered by Mental Health First Aid England, this course builds skills to help you feel confident to support mental health as part of everyday management. Managers who are able to support the mental health of their teams will encourage employees to thrive, increasing talent retention.
As the sector heads towards re-opening, with many teams returning from long periods of furlough, good mental health in the workplace is good for business. As this is such an important topic, Cultural Enterprises is subsidising 50% of the usual course cost. We are offering 16 places for Full and Associate Members to book at the subsidised rate of £69 + VAT. Places will be offered on a first come first served basis and are limited to one delegate per organisation. Bookings will close on 8 April.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify if an employee may be experiencing mental health issues
- Feel confident and know how to open conversations about mental health at work
- Appropriately signpost to available support and know where to go for support and guidance for yourself
Self Reflection (30 mins)
In preparation for the course, we’d like you to think about the mental health conversations you have had with your people, and to consider the following:
- What have you done in the past that has worked well and why?
- What have you struggled with in the past and why?
- Has the current situation impacted these conversations?
Live Session (4 hours)
- Mental health spectrum: The importance of knowing your team, knowing yourself, and early warning signs
- Stress and workplace stressors: The Stress Container and barriers to mental health conversations
- Preparing for mental health conversations: Preparing for virtual conversations and managing remotely
- Mental health conversation cycle: Effective questions, active listening, empathetic responses, supporting and signposting
- Wellbeing and stress in the workplace: Using the Stress Container for yourself
- Commitments to change: What to do next to embed learning
Members: £69 + VAT
|Member||£ 82.80 (includes VAT of £ 13.80)|