Led by Ruth Aldous-Taylor, Head of Retail Visual Identity at the National Trust, this workshop will give you the tools to use the theatre and drama of visual merchandising to best effect in your shop. Learn how to plan your space in order to get the best out of your products and create stunning displays on any budget.
Who is it for?
Retail managers, supervisors and buyers; visual merchandising practitioners.
What will I learn?
1) How to create theatre and drama in visual display
• Discover how to create the “wow” factor in your shop by building an amazing sense of arrival that excites, inspires and reinforces your brand to your customer
• Learn the importance of themed presentation supported by key props and smart VM
2) How to plan your space to its best effect
• Learn how to take your customers on an inspirational journey through your shop
• Understand how to use key areas including promotional and destination spaces to deliver the best results
3) How to get the best from your product
• Learn how to pull together product ranges to create impactful presentation
• Create promotional tables that drive sales and maximise profit
4) How to tell your stories
• Inspire your customers through fabulous storytelling, with visual presentation and point of sale that supports your brand
• Learn how to share the great and compelling stories behind your product, engaging your customers and inspiring them to buy
Ruth Aldous-Taylor began her career with Liberty, moving on to Harvey Nichols and Heals before joining the National Trust 20 years ago. With both an operational and creative background, retail has always been Ruth's passion. Her role at the National Trust pulls together three key areas - visual merchandising, store design and retail imagery, enabling her to ensure that the National Trust's retail brand aesthetic is true to its cause and most importantly delivers a profit that goes directly to preserving the special places in its care.
View the full programme here.
All prices include VAT at 20%
Full Member: £210
136 Kingsland Rd
London, London E2 8EA
|Associate Member||£ 290.00|