Please read these notes carefully as there are some changes this year.
Entries go through a preliminary round of judging ahead of the Cultural Enterprises Conference and Trade Show on 19-20 March 2020. The entries will be shortlisted to three finalists per category who will be invited to bring or send their items to the Conference for final judging, where delegates will also vote for the Cultural Enterprises Product of the Year. The awards will be presented at the Conference Gala Dinner on 19 March 2020 in Harrogate.
Please provide the judges with as much information as possible. The narratives explaining all aspects of the development and the relevance to the organisation are very informative for the judges and the detail can make the difference in the product being chosen as a finalist. Commercial data underpins the success of all product development so please ensure that you complete the information required on the entry form as fully as possible.
Further Notes and Entry Forms can be found below. All entries must be received by Friday 15 November 2019.
Outstanding Contribution to Cultural Enterprise – This award will for the first time recognise a personal contribution to the industry. This is for someone in your organisation who has gone the extra mile, performed over and above expectations and achieved success that has benefited your organisation. It could be someone just starting out on their career, or someone whose contribution over a number of years deserves recognition. This nomination should be made by a line manager or head of department.
Creative Commerce Award – Have you had a creative idea to improve your business? This is the award to highlight your success and covers anything from a change in merchandising to a full shop refit or the introduction of a new income stream. Give full details in your application supported by comprehensive commercial statistics.
Green Award – This new award recognises the ways in which you’ve reduced your carbon footprint, or that of your customers and suppliers. It might be a new packaging strategy, locally sourced produce in your café or shop or the introduction of renewable energy. Tell us about it, supported by commercial information where available.
Buyer’s Choice Award – This category is exclusively for our Associate Members. Do you have a unique, innovative product or service for cultural outlets? If so, enter it for this exciting new award which highlights your expertise and the quality of your products. Please note there is a separate entry form for this award. Only one entry per Associate please.
Important Notes – please read before entering
- Products and publications must have been on sale for at least two months between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019. Anything outside of these dates will be disqualified. If your product has not been on sale for the entire year please specify the dates.
- Best Product, Best Range and Best Shop are divided into sub-categories according to the net trading turnover of your organisation (excluding admission income). Please indicate clearly on the entry form which turnover band – ‘under £1 million’ or ‘£1 million and over’ – applies to your venue.
- Best Range – please list all items in the range and give the individual commercial information for each item as well as for the range as a whole.
- Best Shop – please provide as many details as possible about why your shop is the best, including commercial data for the period 1 September 2018 to 31 August 2019.
- Publications – please indicate if the publication is a funded or sponsored title, and whether full or partially funded, when it was first published and the print run. The publication date may be prior to 1 September 2018 but the commercial information must refer to the 12 months between 1 September 2018 to 31 August 2019.
- Licensed products may ONLY be submitted in the ‘Best Licensed Product’ category.
- Please supply up to four good quality images to accompany your entry, ideally high resolution at 300dpi in jpg format.
- The shortlisting of three finalists for each category will be carried out in December 2019 and all finalists will be informed by 20 January 2020.
- The judges will compile constructive notes on why products have been selected as finalists. The notes will be available on request following the Conference.
- Finalists will be expected to present their products for final judging at the Conference in Harrogate on 19-20 March 2020. The shortlisted products will be displayed in the Trade Show area on both days of the Conference where delegates will vote for the Cultural Enterprises Product of the Year.
- It is the sole responsibility of the finalist to personally deliver, or arrange for delivery, of their entries to the Harrogate Convention Centre on 19 March 2020 before 10am, and to collect or arrange for collection the following day. The Association for Cultural Enterprises accepts no responsibility for the products during this time and any products not collected by the close of Conference may be disposed of. The Association cannot be responsible for the return of these items to entrants.
- Winners and finalists will receive an electronic version of the official logo ‘Cultural Enterprises Awards Winner 2020’ or ‘Cultural Enterprises Awards Finalist 2020’ that they will be entitled to use with point of sale and marketing materials for the product.
- Please note only Full Members of the Association for Cultural Enterprises may enter the Awards (apart from the Buyer’s Choice Award, which is for Associate Members only).
How to Enter
Email your completed entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a maximum of four images and any supporting documentation. Please ensure the subject line of your email includes the name of your organisation and the category you are entering.
All entries must be received by 27 November 2019 at the latest. Good luck!